Friday, October 15, 2010

My Arrival into Khao Sok Jungle this evening!! =D

Hi Earth Angels!!!

It's me Cindy Sunshyne again!!

So today is October 15, 2053 (that's the year right now in Thailand) but to you folks on American time, it is the year 2010!

I left my aunt's house earlier today and went to Suvarnabhumi International Airport; which by the way is a very BEAUTIFUL airport! It is the world's NEWEST airport. It opened in 2006! I took a flight on Air Asia, which is also the world's best low cost airline...and has COMFORTABLE seating and beautiful air attendants. I took the flight into Surat Thani airport. Surat Thani is located in the southern region of Thailand along the Gulf of Thailand.

Then I waited for my minibus for an hour and fifteen minutes to take me to Khao Sok. Khao Sok is west of Surat Thani in the Phan-Nan province; which is located towards the Andaman sea coast. The minibus dropped off other passengers during my journey to Khao Sok. We passed by many beautiful pineapple and coconut tree plantations. The green forestry is just epic with limestone mountains that started to pop out of nowhere in view of my journey. Two hours later, and me being the only passenger left in the minibus striking up a conversation with the driver... I finally arrrived to Smiley's Bungalow. www.smileybungalow.com/

I jump out of the van quickly because it is starting to rain really hard. Through the pounding rain drops, I am greeted with a warm smile, "Sawadee Kah Nong Cindy!!". Phaiwan, who is the head manager of the bungalow greets me with such enthusiasm. "You make it here alright?" , "Chai, it was a very good ride!", I reply back. I follow her to the chill out, hammock, food, and bar area where she explains to me the price of stay and that I am welcomed here any time. Because I am by myself, she is offering me 500baht a night, which is 20 dollars a night in a brand new stone tree house bungalow with a queen size bed and bathroom that comes with a western shower and toilet.

I have no clue what the area looks like around me because when I arrived it was already dark. But in front of my bungalow, I can see dark tall cascading mountains before me and lots of trees... I can't wait to see what this place looks like when I wake up in the morning! I put all my stuff away in my room and I came back out to eat Tom yum soup and rice that Ting (who is Phaiwan's sister) made for me! Myself, Phaiwan, Gate (who is their cousin I believe), and Ting we all strike up a great conversation. I told them I am from America, and that I am also Thai. My parents moved to America years ago. And this made them very happy because they can speak Thai to me. We all made a deal that I can help them practice speaking english and they can help me with my thai! I love this place already... they feel like family to me.

As I'm chowing down on my dinner, I start to hear reggae bumpin' in the background across the street. Phaiwan tells me that it's a bar and they play reggae all the time...thai reggae! Dude, this area is definitely my scene. It's chill, everyone is laid back, welcoming, charming, natural, and I can feeeeeeeel the VIBE of the mountains vibrating here. The cute lighting makes you feel like you're in a romantic magical place in the jungle. Oh, and by the way, this place is crawling with geckos!

I'm super excited. Tomorrow I am waking up at 7am and breakfast is at 8am. Then they are taking me on a trek through the jungle to Cheow Lan Lake =) Then I'll be spending the night in a bamboo hut style floating bungalow ON THE LAKE!!! They recommended me that I do that...because it'll be a priceless experience. Okay! =)

So okay...Khao Sok National Park is the OLDEST jungle in the world! It is older than the Amazon. Khao Sok National Park also houses the worlds LARGEST flower!! OOoOoo! The jungle itself has lots of birds, plants, bears, tigers, snakes, gibbons, and elephants!! And lets hope that I do not see any LEECHES **squirms**

Ok folks...it is about 9pm now. I got to get ready for bed!

I will post more later!! I'm SUPER EXCITED!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment